Sunday, September 21, 2014

Walking Distance


Though I cannot say that we live in a really fantastic neighborhood, I do find it really enchanting how close we are to so many things. Like the grocery store, the back corner of which you see in that picture up there. Half a mile, less than a ten minute walk. Such a novelty! One of these days when the big kids are both in school I gave a dream of walking to the store to "pick up a few things" ...but so far I haven't had the occasion of needing "only" a few things at the grocery store. It is still nice to know I could. 

Even closer than that, a mere two blocks over, is the town swimming pool.  Indoor pool within walking distance? Another score!  The kids and I checked it out for the first time today and it was quite nice, especially because of the shallow end being a perfect 2.5 ft depth, just right for my little non-swimmers. William is signed up for swim lessons beginning in October and I think Amy gets swim lessons through school at some point. Now, if I could just find a time to go swim laps on a regular basis we'd be all set. 

Oh, and this was Caroline's first swim. She found it all rather soothing, and snuggled with me quietly the whole time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment