Sunday, September 14, 2014

Random Bits from the Weekend

I skipped out on posting the last two days so I have a whole boatload of miscellaneous moments to share tonight. Get ready, there is very little cohesive in what I'm about to post!


Say hi to Benny! As usual for us we are totally late to the party and have only recently watched The Lego Movie - which was completely adorable and clever - and now the kids have been going through our Legos trying to make all the characters. Thanks to all of Don's vintage Legos we have an authentic Benny on our hands, complete with the cracked chin piece on his helmet. 


Next up, also in the category of "late to the party" I finally caved and joined Pinterest. Over the summer I bought my brother's old iPad mini from him for cheap and have found it highly entertaining and useful for many things, not the least of which is looking up recipes. And that led to my signing up for Pinterest to keep everything I find in one place. One could of course make a career out of surfing through all the pretty ideas collected there but it has been rather inspiring, and this weekend alone I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and for dinner tonight two different kinds of quesadillas. 

Don and I thought the kale-white-bean and corn-black-bean quesadillas were both fabulous, but Amy wasn't quite as much of a fan, and at one point she stated "This quesadilla is really slowing my dinner down" in such perfect deadpan that Don and I laughed and laughed, and Amy got all full of herself and wrote down her own quote after dinner: 


Anyway, the upshot of all that is with the combined forces of iPad and Pinterest I'm feeling much more inspired in the kitchen these days. Go figure. 

Moving on. Earlier today we investigated a little park downtown. Pretty pond with lots of seagulls, ducks, and geese. Crackers in my purse = happy birds and kids. 



And, well, I guess that's about it. I had another bit to share but it is long enough for its own post and I am feeling a little too rambly this evening. Will report back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment