Friday, December 8, 2017

12.8

Skip ahead just two short weeks from Amy's birthday and we get to Matthew's birthday. My little guy turned 2!! Incidentally, even though each of my kids was born on a different day of the week, all four of those dates line up so that in a given calendar year every kid's birthday falls on the same day of the week. So everybody got a Monday birthday this year. Anyway, M turning two felt like a big deal to me, because for four straight years I've had a child under age 2. C and M are my closest kids in age and having them just less than 2 years apart has been, well, pretty intense. But tons and tons of joy, wouldn't change it for the world. 


The day before his birthday he found these in his big brother's drawer and wore them, without a shirt, allll day. He said, in this pose, that he was "Fuperman!"


My not-so-little littles. 




Again with the lack of clothes... We found this little basketball hoop at the grocery store. This little guy has a thing for basketballs. He also got a big one for his birthday. 


He had lots of helpers waiting to open his presents for him. I mean, help. M was very thoughtful and gracious about his gifts, it was very mature and sweet. 


And, a cake. 


He is such a dear, dear little boy. He gets compliments everywhere we go because he's so small and yet such a classically cute little guy with his blonde hair and blue eyes. He can keep up with kids twice his age and loves the action of his big siblings and their friends and classmates. He's a shy guy too though, just like all my others have been. I just love him to pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment