Thursday, December 7, 2017

12.7


Moving right along. On the 6th of November this girl turned TEN. I had to double check to make sure I was counting right. Ten. Really? She is something else. She is a bossy one, but a bossy one with a strategic vision of How It All Should Go - be it putting on a play with friends or directing art time with her sister or any of it. She's in charge. She is an amazing student, overachieving in fifth grade. She's a quiet and reserved one at school though. Likes her classmates and teacher and routine but has lots of grumbles about school in general. She is very adamant that she WILL be homeschooling come middle school. Frankly I'd love that, and she's my partner in crime as I (endlessly) contemplate homeschooling as an option for all the kids. 

Amy's birthday-day was a Monday and a busy one, but we made time for presents and cake at the end of it. 


The following weekend she got her birthday wish of having her best friend and neighbor sleep over. That was great fun for all. 

I found this gem of a picture on my old phone, this was part of the musical Amy wrote and directed with her siblings and friend on the sleepover night. 


She's quite something, that's all I can say :) and I love her so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment