Wednesday, March 30, 2016

More Spring Break


To pick up where I left off: Wednesday's unanimous request was for a trip to the pool. The pool here is three blocks away and has long been a favorite, but we've only been twice since Matthew joined the crowd, as the thought of shepherding that many children through changing and safe swimming is terribly stressful for me.  But, good sport that I am, I sucked it up, and M polished his halo and took a nice nap in the stroller while the rest of us were in the pool for an hour. After that I was happy to let the kiddos veg out with the kindles when we got home. Nice and quiet. 


On Thursday the kids had their buddy over to play for a bit in the morning, and after that we made a quick trip to the farm store, mainly to ooh over the baby chicks. The lawn mowers were also good fun. I picked up cat litter and food and what has turned out to be the miracle ant-removal product. 


If it weren't for the relief I feel about not having to worry about sweeping up the tiniest crumb, or storing EVERYTHING in ziploc bags, I would feel a bit guilty about the swift devastation this product wrought on what must have been a mighty colony under our house. 

Moving on. 

On Friday we we're having trouble agreeing on an outing, having used up most of the good ideas in our small town, but we happily settled on an indulgent trip to the tiny retro toy store in town - one where the owner declares that nothing requires batteries and everything is out to play with. I'm as bad as the kids when it comes to finding things to buy there, but we got out fairly inexpensively this time. After that it was off to pick up sandwiches and eat with Daddy in his office. And even better, he finished work and followed us home after that! 

Saturday was hugely busy around the house with egg dyeing 


And cookie baking


And a bunch of cleaning. Everyone was very helpful, especially Amy, who has a lot of staying power for projects like this and is fun to work with. I made pizza that night and we all watched a movie. 

Sunday of course was Easter! Church and home for a sunny afternoon just playing around. It was a peaceful and joyous day to round out a lovely week off. 




And of course here it is, almost Thursday of the next week. I do wish time would slow down a bit, but it shows no sign of doing so between now and our impending move after school is out. So much exciting stuff to tell about that but I'm biding my time until it is slightly more official. Will check back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment