Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Birthday Boy


Oh my, how did this young man get to five so quickly? 


But he is still so very much my baby boy, the cuddly one who still loves his blanket, that five still seems rather little. But don't tell him that. 


He is my quiet one, my helpful one, my thoughtful one. His big sister can spend the ride to school asking a million and one sophisticated, intellectual, and rather nonstop questions, but he'll just sit quietly and later ask me something like, "Mommy, do birds know their own names? I mean, do bluebirds know that they are bluebirds?" Or another of my favorites, "Mommy, does God love pirates, too?" 


He and Caroline have a special thing; and he'll often go out of his way to help her or make her laugh. He is my buddy, and is quick to compliment my shirt or my shoes or just tell me I'm pretty, and when I pick him up from preschool he usually thinks to ask how my morning was. And he does all that with such boy-ness mixed in - guns, blasters, spaceships, burping, racing, jumping, strong, fearless boy. 


He had a wonderful fifth birthday. It was a great day, and an awesome weekend for all of us. 


Here's to another amazing year ahead, my best boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment