Saturday, March 21, 2015

Off the Needles

I've been a busy girl lately, with all manner of daily child-rearing tasks of course, a dash of spring cleaning thrown in, some furious rainy-weekend sewing, and in precious spare moments, lots and lots of knitting. Here's what I have to show for myself: 


A skein of cotton given to me by a friend, in the most beautiful green, worked up in the moss stitch. I suppose it is a hand towel, but really it is too soft and lovely to be terribly effective as a towel. Anyway, I relished working on it because it made me think of my friend, and the color so exactly matches the shade of the grass in our yard right now, so lush after the mild PNW winter. Can you see the major error in my stitching? Oops. It was good practice. 

Next, last weekend's big push to finish a languishing project was successful, and I quilted and finished these shams for the large pillows on the daybed. 


I was worried that they would be too big and fit awkwardly, but after a nice shrink in the wash they are just right. I used about half of the strips from a jelly roll, the name of the collection is escaping me at the moment... But the other half is going to be a baby quilt for a friend's first, and I'll try to come up with the designer and pattern name when I get around to posting about that. 

Lastly, for now, another one of the little sweater vests, this time two sizes larger, and using a skein of some abysmally cheap, no-name yarn from my stash. I'm so pleased with how it turned out! 


Caroline helped me pick the buttons...


And then graciously tried it on for me, but had places to go and things to do, so all I have is blurry pictures of her in it. 


She got tons of compliments later that morning at preschool pickup, which I admit made me feel pretty good, especially since this sweater was done in under a week, and cost about $2. 

The stash busting continues! I'm already about 3" into a similar vest for Amy. Time to go pick that up and happily knit away the remainder of the evening with a Don and a movie. Back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment