Monday, November 12, 2012

A Small Project

 

Thought I'd share a very small project I've been working on for some time now.  I started this little counted cross-stitch somewhere since the Coast Guard entered our lives, but before Amy did.  I think.  It's been awhile.  I completed the light house itself, but then it sat in a drawer for several years at least.  I picked it up again when my mom was here in September and since then I've been enjoying working on this during quiet afternoons spent with Amy, each of us at our own projects, while William naps.  I don't get to it every day, but just a little bit of work here and there has yielded some nice progress.  I think I can safely say I'm past the half-way point.  What do you think? 

 

I also have an even bigger design that I started in high school that is also more than halfway done, but goodness, it's been a long time since I've worked on it.  I think I'll get back to that one once this is done.  My mom jokes about the needlepoint cat that took her 30 years to finish... I'm hoping to beat that, but it is easy to see how fast time can go by on these sorts of projects.  Instant gratification and needlework do not go together, but there is something incredibly calming about simply placing all those little stitches in the right place, and I am in no rush to be done. 

Oh, I just googled the other kit I have in progress, and found it!  Here, take a look. I really want to finish that one, it is such a cute design.  Anybody else out there still do counted cross-stitch? 

Okay, that's all for now.  Don is in the garage organizing his tool box and having all the fun... I need a project.  Oh wait, seems I have a few...


1 comment:

  1. I *love* counted cross stitch! I have several unfinished ones in my craft bin somewhere... you have inspired me to dig them out!!

    ReplyDelete