Monday, March 26, 2012

29


If I am a few days late blogging about my birthday, does that make me more or less self-indulgent? Hmmm...

I hope you'll excuse the indulgence; it was a terrific birthday. I somehow managed to schedule a dentist appointment for myself in the morning - not my first choice for ways to spend a couple hours without my kids, but it wasn't half bad. Amy and William happily played at the neighbor's house and I returned a few hours later to kids dancing around with balloons, a big fat cake on the table, and flowers, cards, champange, AND a gift card... all for me! I haven't felt that special since my friends brought me out to breakfast before school on my 17th. Especially since we are still pretty new here, I was feeling very blessed to already have a friend sweet enough to do all that for me.

The rest of the day was a breeze. The kids were happy, the weather was beautiful, and we went out to eat for dinner and got ice cream afterwards. It was the perfect "summer" birthday evening - something a girl with a March birthday has never had before.

Oh, and while William was napping, Amy requested that I paint her toes to match mine.


It really was a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment