Monday, February 13, 2017

2.13 Custom Drawers


My mom has taught me many, many important life skills, but the one I called on for this project was the Art of Covering a Box with Contact Paper. My desk hangs out in the living room in this house. For all eyes to see and all hands to touch. Therefore, keeping it neat with everything put away has taken on new importance. To help, I decided the hutch could use some containers for supplies, so that I could free up the one, shallow drawer for bills and work in progress, keeping that clutter off the surface. I slapped together corrugated cardboard cut from a shipping box and had the roll of contact paper leftover from lining the drawers of that dresser I painted back in the fall. So there, no money spent and my world made much more orderly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment