Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Do


Honestly, I'm a pretty self-conscious person, and this is my favorite kind of picture of myself. But without further ado, here is my All About Me post. 

I have not had my hair cut in almost two years. 

Before Don graduated from OCS, in fact. 

A ponytail is awfully convenient, and finding a salon in a new area has never made it high on my priority list. 

So I've just let it grow. And I more or less have been looking like this these days: 


The clothes change of course. And the belly gets a little bigger, but from the neck up, I just have one look. I have been okay with that. 

But I didn't think I could take another week of brushing out that beast every night. Or picking huge long curly hairs off my floor and my shoulders. All the time. I had reached my haircut breaking point. 

I found a salon in downtown Charleston that did free haircuts with a Locks of Love donation. I had the length, and Don had today off, so It Was Time. 

Drove myself downtown, did several laps trying to find the right entrance to the parking garage, walked back up two blocks amid throngs of tourists, and was reminded that, really, I don't like cities, no matter how southern and charming they may be. 

Found salon and enjoyed very nice haircut by a very nice lady, and said goodbye to four ponytails worth of 10" long hair. Wow. 

Didn't take a picture of the hair, but here's the after: 


I think I may have reached the age where I need better make up... but that's another story. Hair-wise I feel a good deal lighter and very much refreshed. It was time for a change and I'm pretty pleased. 

Thanks for indulging me!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's super cute! And so is your belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, Susan! I do love the belly shot best, though! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete