Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back-Logged



Or I suppose back-blogged would be an even better term. I just unloaded 408 pictures and don't even know where to begin when it comes to catching up my kind little audience here on what we've been up to this month. I will get caught up, I promise. We are home now from a 3 week stint away so I will be getting back to my usual routine and as things settle out I'll get back on track here. In the meantime, can I tell you about my fabulous day?

First off, the only un-fabulous part: saying goodbye to my parents after 2+ weeks firmly entrenched at their house and enjoying every minute of it. Also un-fabulous because it is slightly possible that I'll never come back to that house in exactly the same way, as we are all hoping it sells in the next month or so. But that's another story. On to the good stuff, rapid-fire:

- A smooth and safe drive back to Maryland with my two little passengers who are so very good and patient on long car rides.

- Slipping down I-95 before any earthquake nonsense. I don't know if it ended up causing traffic problems around Baltimore or DC, but I didn't find any. Phew.

- A church sign reading: "Life forecast: God reigns and the Son Shines." I'm sure it's been said before but it was one of those things that hit me at exactly the right moment, and all was well.

- The ice cream truck that pulled up just after we pulled into the driveway, AND having cash in my pocket (thanks, Mom!) to get the hugest, tastiest ice cream sandwich any of us have had in a long time.

- Huge gratitude to my pre-vacation self, who busted her hump cleaning the whole house before we left, and huge gratitude to my cat-sitter who kept up the house so nicely that I had very little of that post-vacation flurry of cleaning to do upon walking in the door. Incidentally, paying someone $16 a day to watch your cats is totally worth it just for that.

- There wasn't much in the fridge, but there was a bottle of Blue Moon. And fixings for grilled cheese. Need to hit the grocery store tomorrow but I don't even know where to start...

- Amy remembered what I told her about our "new" bedtime routine, and all on her own she picked out books for me to read to William so I could get him to sleep first. That part didn't quite work out, but it was a super-sweet bedtime with both kiddos anyway.

- Best of all, a surprise 6 pm call from... Don!! It was brief, but it was wonderful.

Okay, there is much else to do around here before I crash for the night. More from me in the coming days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment