Thursday, March 17, 2011

Balance



The problem with a blog, at least right now, is that if I'm using up my precious block of uninterrupted free time writing about what I'm doing, chances are I'm not actually doing it. Namely, stitching down the batting on the remaining sides of this quilt. Yeah, Amy's a lot younger in that post... good grief... but I am so close to being done, at last! More on that when completion is achieved.

Beautiful weather here today, and I took the kiddos to the "Amazing Park" for a picnic and some mid-day play. It was wonderful. In the car on the way there Amy even told me, "Mommy, you are amazing."

Some weeks I do feel amazing as I keep my time organized and accomplish all sorts of projects and daily household business. Other weeks (like this one), not so much. For every bit of energy I devote to one project, there is something else that is most definitely not getting done. So if I'm sewing, I'm falling behind on my crocheting. If I'm crocheting, the magazines (which are supposed to be a pleasure to read) are piling up. If I blog, my email goes unattended. Oy! And that's just how I spend my evenings.

Inspiration abounds, and eventually I'll get around to a little bit of everything and slowly but surely it will all get done..... right?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know right where you are! I just canceled a few magazine subscriptions the other morning because I just can't get to them all. And as for "extra projects," you are FAR better along than I am. I think you are amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete