Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just Saying Hi

It's been awhile since I've made an update here, for several reasons. My sewing machine has been in the shop getting a tune up (just got it back on Friday, and while there had an offer made to me on a new Pfaff that I MIGHT not be able to refuse - we'll see), so my projects have been on hold. Our camera has been having problems with the auto focus ever since our trip to Assateague. I suspect that some sand got blown into the lens (only the lens is AF, not the camera itself - in manual focus it works fine). But that is another one of those bugaboo things that is probably going to cost money to fix, if I can even find a place nearby to take it, and so I've been avoiding dealing with it. As a result we've been short on pictures these days.

Mainly, life has just been simple and easy around here these days. Don's back in the swing of things at work and my days home with Amy are so pleasurable now. She's always been a pal, but now that she's almost 2 our whole routine and the way the day unfolds is just, well, easy. It's a pleasant time for our family - just enjoying our precocious little girl, the still-warmish fall weather, playing at the park, reading, taking little outings here and there...

In less than two weeks we'll be headed north to see friends and family, and after that I am all too aware of how quickly the weeks will snowball right into the holiday season complete with more travel and general busyness.

So for now, I will enjoy the lull!

No comments:

Post a Comment