Friday, January 12, 2018

2017


I simply must close out the year 2017 in a proper fashion. December devolved into a miasma of holiday stress with a heavy twist of viral illness, and I mostly would like to forget the weeks leading up to Christmas. However, we were healthy and happy just in time for the big day and celebrated a lovely quiet Christmas at home, followed shortly thereafter by a nice long stay at my folks'. All the beautiful snow over there plus day after day of brilliant sunshine helped clear my funk of a mood and things have been looking up ever since. 

In very large news, I also would like to share that we just completed our very first week of HOMESCHOOLING! I've been thinking about this for, oh, six years now, at least? And though it felt incredibly awkward to go full stop in the middle of the school year and leave teachers and friends maybe a little bewildered, it feels even more right now that we are doing it. I have tons of thoughts to share, both in our reasons for taking the plunge and on my reflections of the experience this far, but I am going to defer those. My hope for this blog, and my writing "career" is to take it all in a more earnest direction, including moving to a new platform and reassessing my content and ambitions for what I share here. I haven't started any of it yet, or course, but I have big plans. I will let you know where and when I "move" and apologize in advance for what will likely be a quiet period while I figure out this homeschool gig and get my writing/blogging ducks in a row. 

In the meantime, I extend my most sincere thanks for being with me here, and wish you all a very blessed 2018. See you soon! 

1 comment:

  1. SO exciting!! Welcome to the homeschooling world! Excited for new turns in your blogging world, too... always enjoy reading your thoughts here and keeping up with your clan! :)

    ReplyDelete