Tuesday, September 15, 2015

New Friends and Old Friends


We have some new (though possibly temporary) neighbors, and at long last my poor kiddos have a friend to play with in the backyard. Miss K is a soft-spoken girl just a year older than Amy, and seems to enjoy running around the yard with my crew, playing variations on tag and hide and seek. And William is in love. This crush has resulted in a new genre of drawing and writing from him - short, to the point love notes typed on the computer and printed out, or crayon pictures made in free time at school. The one on the ledge is their wedding. The age difference seems to be of no concern to him. 


Caroline thinks this new friend is pretty interesting, too, but her recent love affair is with my long-time best buddy, Pooh Bear himself. A few weeks ago I put on the classic Pooh for the kids one night, thinking that C would be of an age to fall in love, just as Amy did. Now these last few days she asks to watch the movie at every chance she gets. 


And the best part is that the big kids can't help dropping what they are doing to watch, too. 


I'm not really a big fan of default movie watching, but Winnie-the-Pooh is about as good as it gets; I never tire of this one and it delights me to see everyone spending time with such a classic bunch of old friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment