Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Patch


Oh, my, goodness. The kids had their first field trip with school to the (more or less) local pumpkin patch, and I was pretty blown away. I may look back at this as the day I fell in love with this state. River valley farmland with steep green hills rising into the mist - wow. 


C had a jolly time hanging out with me in the Snugli and was the picture of contentment with all the activity to watch. 


I have never seen such an assortment of pumpkin and gourd varieties in one place.  


The big kids took a ride on the hay wagon... 


...while I got myself a nice pumpkin spice latte from the espresso bar. (Note the sign - haha!) I have to say, the PNW is not to be beat for the availability of amazing coffee - even at the pumpkin farm which was about the only bit of civilization for 15 miles around. 


I stood around like a dork taking pictures of this line of pumpkins with my iPhone while the kiddos had a blast with their classmates on the giant pile of hay bales. 


It was an absolutely terrific morning that the kids are still talking about. 
The next day we took an equally breathtaking trip to the ocean, but I'll save that for another post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment