Friday, July 25, 2014

A Trip in Pictures

Hello again, it is me, the occasional blogger. Sorry for the dry spell. My brain seems to be on summer vacation and very rarely can it put together thoughtful words when I finally find time to sit at the computer each day. And tonight is no exception, as I just erased the several sentences I wrote to follow this one.

So without too much more ado I want to share with you the pictures texted to me from my dear husband as he made his way across this beautiful country with our van and his father. They had a marvelous trip, and though I hope to someday see all these sights for myself, I remained quite happy to simply receive the "postcards" while he logged the miles. I couldn't properly caption each photo, as they are not my moments to recount, but I can summarize the highlights:

A trip begun in eastern CT started west through Massachusetts and New York to Niagara Falls. From there the travelers zoomed through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa as rolling hills flattened to farmland and they turned north along the Missouri River. South Dakota marked the beginning of the sightseeing, with a drive through the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and into Montana to the Little Bighorn Battlefield. Back into Wyoming for a few days in Yellowstone and the Tetons. Through Idaho, seeing the Shoshone Falls, then on to Oregon along the Columbia River where they saw Horsetail Falls and had a room with a view of the river and Washington State. Lastly, a mere 30 minutes from our new house - a herd of elk grazing near the road. Please enjoy!
















Stay tuned for more updates as the kids and I begin our own westward voyage. And I do hope to jump in before then with one more hodge-podge of pictures from the summer, and I might even take a stab at capturing some of the musings twirling through my head these days. Hope you enjoyed the arm-chair cross-country trip! 


No comments:

Post a Comment