Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Anybody want to Guess?

 

What's in the bag?  Any guesses?  I was making the kids guess in this picture.  We're wrapping up a visit not-too-far-away at my grandparents' house. That's my cousin on the right, and my aunt taking the picture. 

Anybody, anybody?

 

A little anole, rescued by moi from the very high air conditioning vent in the kitchen. The picture doesn't do him justice, poor thing was awfully cute. And awfully cold, which was about the only reason I was actually able to pick him up and plunk him in a paper bag.  I am now regarded as a hero in these parts, but frankly it was a highlight of my day, because I've chased these little critters on every vacation for as long as I can remember, and no matter how tame they seem they are always just too fast.  

This guy perked up a bit once out in the warm air and happily scurried away into the bushes.  That was our good deed for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment