Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Girl


Thought it was only fair to give the girl some of her own airtime, and there is certainly no shortage of material when it comes to my amazing Amy.


One of her latest things is building "houses" with VHS tapes. She devotes a serious level of concentration to this task.

Also note the shoes in these pictures. This morning I pulled out all her shoes (that she hasn't worn in months) from the hall closet under the suspicion that none of them would fit - I was right. I did remember, however, this pair of purple shoes purchased ages ago on clearance when they were several sizes too big. They fit her now, and she was quite happy to put them on and off by herself and wore them around the house all afternoon. When I pointed out that maybe they would feel more comfortable on the correct feet she said "No Mommy, I like it just the way I am."


She is also very into the concept of "what to be when you grow up" and will usually answer that she wants to be a teacher or a nurse. And I love it when she asks me what I want to be when I grow up...

She often remarks to me that maybe I'll be able to [fit in her friend's tiny play tent, wear her shoes, etc] when I grow up. Yesterday over lunch I stopped myself before launching into an explanation of what growing up means, because I realized how very wise her understanding of it actually is. To her, she IS grown up, and can do all sorts of wonderful things like crawl in tiny places and wear fancy dress up clothes, and she just wants to encourage me that surely some day I'll be able do all those fun things, too.

Being grown up is certainly fun, but I don't think anything compares to the endless possibilities in the wondrous world of an almost-three-year-old.


No comments:

Post a Comment