Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Snapshots Without Pictures

We are more than two weeks into our life with Two and I must say so far it has been quite... peaceful. Don was on leave for two weeks and during that time we:

:: went to the zoo and made several trips to the beach
:: celebrated Don's 28th birthday (and I made a carrot cake from scratch)
:: crossed things off our "around the house" to-do list
:: had margaritas on the patio
:: spent every evening together on the couch with our little tree frog, catching up on TV
:: had family here to visit

Our little boy is quite easy-going and awfully cute. Our (not so little) girl is spunky as ever and very happy about her little brother. I have tons of pictures to share, but haven't gotten around to getting them from camera to computer, so for the briefest of updates I thought I'd describe two scenes from this evening that have left me feeling that this was a Good Day:

:: Little Donny hanging out on my lap while I stole a bit of computer time this evening. Amy was asleep so this was a rare opportunity for me to hang out and chat with my boy without big sister stealing the show.

:: Amy sound asleep with her arm around her baby doll. They are wearing matching cupcake pajamas, a gift from grandma and grandpa. Even better: Amy fell asleep without me in the room - some necessary and way overdue progress in the whole bedtime routine.

Two children might now mean twice as much work and half as much free time, but it is all worth it for twice as many happy moments like those tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well! I'm so glad to hear it! You can believe I'll be calling you up for advice when it's our turn. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete