Thursday, February 13, 2014

This Week



I have been feeling like a huge blogging failure this week because twice I sat down to write a post in the evening and two days in a row I totally failed. The first night I wrote a whole bunch but I was trying too hard and it just sounded dumb. Last night I was distracted with the Olympics, Caroline, and about six other open tabs on my browser - all shiny little things that kept taking my thoughts away from writing something nice here. 

So in standard form I'll attempt to catch up with what's been on my mind these last few days. 

Picture above - turkeys in the yard again! These guys and girls came through about a year ago, then about a month ago, and now they've been around every day this week. What goofy birds. They are quite large now, and make quite a show of scratching through the pine straw looking for things to eat. The boys across the street spotted them earlier this week, and came running, and for the first time I saw turkeys take flight. Wow. 


Caroline! Two months old. Nine weeks. Sleeping well, smiling lots, growing like crazy. She gets a checkup and first shots tomorrow morning - oh boy. 

On Tuesday William and I had a particularly fun time together while Amy was at school. It was cold and rainy all day and we had been out in it earlier in the morning, getting the minivan serviced and running a couple errands, so we were happy to just play inside the rest of the day. 


And the rest of the week has dissolved into a mostly home-bound, icy blur. For the second time, Amy had two school days cancelled on account of freezing rain. Now, I realize that people down here aren't used to slippery roads, and of course towns and schools would rather be safe than sorry, but this Connecticut girl can't help be amused at all the fuss over a couple days of very cold rain. Plus this Friday and Monday are also no-school days, for the long Presidents' Day weekend, so by the time Amy gets back to school on Tuesday she'll have been off for almost a week! 

Anyway, those are a few highlights. Will try to pop back more regularly as promised. We are expecting company again this weekend; Don's family this time, and are very excited for that. I need to finish my grocery list and clean the bathrooms. Oh, and last weekend I got out by myself (well, almost - I brought Caroline along but she's easy). While she snoozed in the stroller I pushed blissfully through Target and among other things found this which is SO lovely and makes me want to go clean things just for the pleasure of the fragrance. 

Last thing - we are still waiting to get our orders. It has been "any day now" for a few weeks as we wait for Don to get a call from the detailer. I really can't wait to know where we'll be moving this summer. Seems like everything I think about hinges on that one way or the other. Need to know!

Okay, now that's all. Forgive the rambling and lack of artfulness to this post. I'll be back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment