Saturday, November 13, 2010

Outtakes


It was a gorgeous fall day here in Southern Maryland and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try to catch some portraits-worthy shots of the kids. Getting Amy to a) hold still b) smile and c) look at the camera all at the same time was more than challenging. She was much more interested in twirling, running, and making goofy faces. In the end some outright bribery with a snickers bar was the only way to get her to sit nicely with us for a family shot. I've saved the best pictures for Christmas distribution, but here are some (of many!) that didn't make the cut. Enjoy!


The belly is cute, the turned-down waistband with pockets showing is not.



Naturally as soon as it was William's turn Amy couldn't get in front of the camera fast enough.


Don grabbed this nice one of me and my boy.


This is where the chocolate bribery became necessary.


Though in her defense I very clearly remember hating sitting for "formal" pictures when I was a young kid.

... but the promise of chocolate worked wonders!


There might yet be another photo session before snow flies... this family of mine is awfully cute, if I do say so.


No comments:

Post a Comment